Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Last Hooray

We went to the Little Rock Zoo and a day of shopping before we have to get ready for school to start again. We picked the wrong day. It rained on us the whole morning. But we were basically the only people there. Literally, we ran into 3 other families while we were there. The main reason other than the rain, we went on Tuesday, but found out when we got there that Wednesday is half price day. Oh well. 

This is the entry to the park. See, no one around!
Sahara and Brittany said it was like a creepy movie. 
Canyon took this picture of me. 
This is Canyon in the bird house. 
In the reptile house he liked the snakes. More so if they were moving. 
All Canyon wanted to see was the zebras. Once there he could care less. 
To make it more creepy, the walkways were all over grown. I think what happened is the weight of the rain was weighing the grasses down. But it seemed like a place not taken care of anymore. I liked it because it was more natural and safari like. With a packed zoo it would probably cause problems because there were areas that the grass from both sides touched in the middle. 
The giraffes didn't want to come out in the weather (neither did the elephants) but we got to see them in their houses eating lunch. 
Canyon Hawke got to meet a Red Tailed Hawk. 
Every pond had fish. Some had LOTS. 
We got there in time to watch the penguins eat lunch. 1 vitamin packed fat fish per penguin (3 x a day). The zoo keeper checked off their numbers as they took their fish to make sure no one was missing or going without. I forgot to take pictures!!
The lion was enjoying the rainy weather. 
But I think he was bored with us. 
These kitties are so pretty. 
Back around for a better shot of the zebra. 
This old turtle was nearly 3 feet tall!!  Sahara got to pet it. The sign said he may bite but the fence was low to touch him. 
And last is the monkey house. This guy was sticking his tongue at us. 

We stayed about 2 hours. Which for our zoo is all it takes. Specially when you have the place to yourselves!!

Next stop was the mall for our late lunch and shopping. Canyon was introduced to the plasma light. He thought it was awesome. 
I assume they pose no danger, but he held on to that thing for 10 minutes straight. He loved it. 

I found an iPhone and $40 in the bathroom. I wanted to return it directly but the phone had a password so I couldn't do anything. I turned it in to the mall office. I hope that lady gets it back. 

Then on to Conway for more shopping. There, at TJMaxx, I found a set of keys. I turned them in too and the lady who lost them, in the store 2 down, asked the worker if she had left keys there. So I told her I turned in keys at TJ Maxx. At least I know she got hers back. 

No comments: