Thursday, August 4, 2016

And finally...The Kitchen

I left the hardest for last, and not with a moment to spare.  Back to the grind next week!

I logged between 45-50 hours in these areas and will most likely live to regret it.  Why?  I didn't know that there was such a thing as cabinet paint or that using wall paint on cabinets was a no-no.  After all, I did the bathroom cabinets in this paint and they were just fine.  But, it doesn't seem to want to bond to the kitchen cabinets.  :( :(

So, even though I think it looks great now, in 6 months it could be a disaster.


After removing the matrix shelves I noticed that the screw holes were really stretched out.  I got new screws and bigger wall anchors, but they weren't big enough for the holes the other screws made either.  So, I patched the holes and painted over them. I guess I wont be putting those shelves back up.  The wall will stay blank until I figure out what I want to do with it.


It's so fresh and clean and super bright at night.  I love the beach house feel.  I went with a wide stripe to give it some personality.



 

 


My sofa covers came.


I'd like to take this moment to thank Ranger for chewing a hole smack dab in the middle of the big couch cover 3 hours after they arrived and were put on. :(  I patched it after the pictures were taken.  You can see it in the middle row of the diamond pattern. 

And I made slip covers for the ottomans too.


So, I got a lot done.  Pretty much everything on my summer 'to do' list.  It was a lot of work and I feel like I didn't even have a summer break.  But the house looks fresh and livable now.  Hopefully the kitchen will stay nice for a while.
:) 

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors