Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hippie Joins the Family

For the past 2 weeks, I have been thinking that it is very odd not having a dog at the house.  Malaki stayed with me for an extra week or so because he is a very nervous dog when things are different, new, or changed.  So we waited until the moving around of furniture and things were finished in the condo before he went there to stay.  Well, he has been there for 2 weeks now and my house went from 3-4 people, 1-2 dogs, and a cat to 2 people and a cat.  I really liked the huge pitty I thought I might be getting, but that didn't happen.  Plus Canyon really prefers small dogs.

Today, this ad came up on facebook:


So I answered back that we would like to meet him.

Of course I knew that we wouldn't be able to say no unless there was a real problem.

So, here we are with a new dog!

The kids in the family we got him from called him 'Doug' for the time they took him in.  Completely fitting name, just not one I loved.  It took us all of 5 minutes to come up with Hippie and it stuck.


He really likes Canyon.  Canyon prefers Malaki and always will (don't tell Hippie!) But he is small enough for Canyon to carry still and Malaki only 'tolerates' Canyon carrying him.

Hoping for a good bond.

And even though you don't see Chloe the cat in this picture, she was all over rubbing on everyone and had to be shoo'ed away from the dog picture.  She's already accepted the new boy.

Sitting Pretty

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors