Saturday, June 2, 2012

Oh no!

Coming home from Taco Bell last night, Sahara got rear-ended.  She was about to make a right hand turn and saw the lady behind her not slowing down. In Jared's words: she was coming in hot.  Sahara thought about running into the ditch to avoid her but said right when she thought that, she got slammed.  It is actually a good thing that she didn't do that because the ditch at that area is deep and curved and she would have damage on both ends and probably need a tow truck to get her out too.


She called me as soon as it happened.  I headed that way, a mile from the house.  On the way I called 911 for them.  When I got there, Sahara and Jared were walking around and the other lady was in her car.  I went to check on her.  She was young too and teary, but ok.  Her car was in worse shape. 
She blamed her brakes failing, but we are all pretty sure she was texting.  Her car was pretty new.

I had Sahara call Blake (her bus driver/ Cheif of Police)  Then I had them all move to a safer location because another wreck nearly happened while we were waiting for the police.  Blake came right away and beat the police by 5 or more minutes.  He stayed to make sure it was all handled ok even though he wasn't on duty.

We filled out the reports and another guy helped both cars get drivable.  Sahara's muffler and bumper were rubbing the tire.  Jared drove it back to the house.  We go Monday to the police station to pick up the report.

Monday my summer classes start and I was relying on Sahara to take Canyon to therapy on Monday's and Tuesday's.  The reason I got her a car in the first place was so I could take summer classes and not leave them stranded. 

Oh well, we will figure something out.  At least everyone was ok.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors