Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Warrior

I didn't plan it this way:

First, I found that the dog was using my flower bed to dig a ginormous hole to sleep in behind the center bush. I decided to get that fixed and filled it in with what I had. After doing so, I realized that it wasn't potting soil but super concentrated fertilized soil that I put in the hole. I gave up in the sweltering heat and let it go. In the process I let the whole center of the flower bed die from waaaay too much fertilizer. So, after 2 days, I bought and replanted the middle section the the flower bed again in the sweltering heat. I hope I dug out enough of the fertilizer so that the next set of plants don't burn too.

Next I got the water bill. My toilet in the hall has been running pretty much since we bought the place. The toilet has been replaced and the guts have been replaced 3 times. But still it leaks. The water bill never reflected that it was much of an issue, just a bit irritating. The kids have been playing in the hose more than usual but the water bill has only been this high when we had the horses and someone forgot to turn off the water over night when filling up their drinking water. So, I decided maybe it is the toilet now and went to install a new (4th) flapper. After getting a good one with sealant this time and getting it installed, the water would not come back on to fill up the tank. I didn't have a clue why that happened. I went to the computer to find some fix-it troubleshooting sites and found nothing to really help me. Went back in the bathroom and the tank is full. OOOKKK. Well, that's up and running.

Then, went in the kitchen digging around in the pots and pans cabinet and I found mold! Did some more searching and found it in the cabinet by the sink as well. Then I realised that last fall we had a leak with the water heater on the other side of the wall from those 2 cabinets and sure enough, that's where it is coming from. I spayed it all with bleach and washed everything. I can only imagine what is growing in the wall! I decided then that my plan of putting shelf paper down wasn't just a nice idea, it was something that needed and should be done. So, I bought 2 rolls at Lowe's and did the 'important' shelves, but I need to go back and get another roll for the shelves not often looked at and up high. This is an on going project. At the least I got some cabinet cleaned out and the paper looks nice and like it was always there. You know you did something right when it looks like it has always been there :) Just is a shame it wasn't done for all the company last week.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors