Thursday, October 8, 2020

OH NO!

Ok, heard a gun shot.  It was close, but not unusual.  We have a small stretch of woods behind the house and a big farm land past that.  Then two more shots.  Really close.  Decided Canyon and the dogs needed to come in from the back yard.  The dogs were unusually quiet considering. Now that I'm outside I hear people yelling out front and more bangs which I can tell are coming from the front and not the woods or farm.  I had left the back door open and they went charging in.  I got Canyon off the swing and notice sirens from all directions heading this way and rush him in the house as quickly as possibly.  He hears them too now that he has his music out of his ears.  I'm trying to keep us quiet because I'm not sure what all the ruckus is out front, civil war, WWIII, zombie apocalypse...all I know is that I don't want the yelling/gun firing people in the front yard to know we are in the back yard.  So I'm trying to get us locked in the house.  Canyon gets in the house and sees the firetrucks through the front windows from the back door and makes a mad dash to the front door.  I stop him still not knowing what is happening and go to check the window.  Then I see what it is.  My neighbor's house is totally engulfed in flames.  At first we just watch and then I realize Canyon has a baseball teammate that lives in either that house or the one next to it so I facebook message his aunt and uncle to check on him.  It took 20 minutes for 1 of them to notice my message which seemed like forever.  They were not home and are the neighbors.  Their house and the house on the other side had some damage too. The residents of the home burning, mom and 4 kids, were able to get out but lost everything. Our road was blocked off from 7 until 10:30 and at 9:30 when I went to bed there were still 3 firetrucks in front of my house.




What a sad mess.


 

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors