Tuesday, November 27, 2018

New Homestead!

While recovering from oral surgery, Canyon and I (with a lot of help from Jared) moved into this great home in the Oak Forest subdivision.

We're calling it 
The Poppy Patch.



The front has a nice porch that is the length of the home.



The garage needs some work because I don't have the tool benches here yet so things are a little piled up.  But I can still park my car.  A garage!  Whoop-Whoop!!


Coming in from the garage and take a right into the laundry room.


A few feet down and take a left to the master bedroom.


A very nice size.


Between the bedroom and bathroom is a nifty office...


...and a fabulous walk in closet.


The bathroom is huge.


It has a jacuzzi tub and it works great.  My sore muscles from moving really appreciated the jetted soak.


Looking back to the bedroom.


Standing by the kitchen, this is looking to my room on the right, the laundry on the left and the door to the garage straight ahead.


Pivoting around to the living room.



The dining area is open to the living room.


The entry, next to the dining area with a wall separating it.


And the kitchen.  Even though the kitchen square footage is the same as the old house.  I went from 10 uppers and 10 lowers to 5 uppers and 6 lowers.  It was interesting to figure how to get it all in.  No pantry so 4 of my uppers became food storage too.  But its a very pretty kitchen.



Off of the living room is a small hall leading to Canyon's room, the spare room, and hall bath.








Out the back door of the living room (also door from my bedroom) is a small deck with puppers! :)




Plenty of space to run and play.


It's crazy to think that we lived 18 1/2 years at Our Sweet Retreat.  More time there then the house I grew up in actually.
We've spent 6 nights here now and I have to say that even on the very 1st night, it felt as though we have always been here!

The house is very comfortable.

Thank you mom and dad for making this possible!!!


No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors