Sunday, January 7, 2018

Little Projects

Just before it's 'get back to work' time and the Winter Break is over, I decided to get a little crafty.

Christmas got put away and I wanted a different look for the shelf in the living room.  I jarred the sand from Clearwater Beach and added it to the display.  I also found this cute VW bus (which might get painted teal or turquoise in the future) and some grass and took the Kaua'i photo from the kitchen to give the living room a beachy feel.





Then I found these tables on a swap site.  They had the centers painted with chalkboard paint, but it was scratched and didn't look so good.  It turned out those centers were glass.


I googled how to get paint off of glass and it turned out ammonia setting on the surface for 5-10 minutes was all it took.  


The paint easily peeled right off.


But I wasn't excited with the clear centers either.


So I used alcohol ink to add a stained glass look. 



I also got a head board for my bed for the first time ever.  Someday I might recover it, but it was brand new brown suede so I just attached an orange scarf over it to dress it up some and tie it in with the colors I already have in my room.
.


I also helped Sahara craft up some ideas for asking her maid of honor and bridesmaids to be in her wedding.  I don't know, maybe that's a new thing, maybe it's a southern thing, but creative ways to ask them to be in your wedding is the thing now.  Kind of like Promposals (which I will never understand!)
Photos later for that when they actually get asked!

I also have a couple other things going on which will be finished at a later time.

Back to the grind in the morning!


No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors