Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Day

The night before...cookies and eggnog for Santa
and


Canyon thinks he is going to wait the big guy out!


Finally off to bed and all is ready!


Christmas morning and Jared is over for the unwrapping.






















Canyon with his loot. 


Sahara and her loot.


Mom and her loot.


I gifted myself a new bed set and sheets.  I love my new bed!


Jared left to see other family and we had annual cinnamon rolls with turkey sausage and fruit for Christmas breakfast.  Sahara left to go where Jared was shortly after.


I wasn't sure if Canyon would like this, but he seemed interested.


M&Ms were in the smaller round dish and Malaki stayed right by his side for a good 45 minutes (even though the M&Ms were gone).  I think he thought the pegs were M&Ms too and was waiting for a treat.
(no he didn't get any)



Dinner was planned to be at 2.  I started cooking and got a text at 1:35 from Sahara that dinner where they were was just finished cooking and they were ready to eat.  I was not a happy mama.  I wasn't even informed they were eating some place else.  When our dinner was ready, Canyon was watching a movie so he ate at the coffee table.  So, it was dinner for one at the table.
 :(  
Not exactly what I had wanted for Christmas dinner.  I later told both Sahara and Jared that his families' random, multiple get-togethers were not ever again going to 'bump' our 1 dinner.  That was ridiculous.


I also tried out Sahara's new hair waver.  It's very simple and only took 2 minutes to do.


In the evening, after I calmed down, we played golf and stix.

It didn't feel like a very merry occasion and a day I would like to have a do-over with.  I'd also like to not spend Christmas without family around anymore.  

Thank you all for the cards, gifts, pictures, goodies.....LOVED them all!
Miss you guys!


No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors