Thursday, May 28, 2015

Goodbye Jamocha

Last night all was well. Jamocha came in from a potty break with Malaki, got her treat and ran into her crate. At 3:30 she started howling. I assumed she was having a bad dream. I started to walk down the hall but she stopped so I turned back to the bedroom. When I got up this morning, there was no movement in the living room. That's not uncommon. I took a shower, got dressed, came out to the living room and Malaki decided he was awake enough to get up. No movement in the crate still. Still not uncommon. I let Malaki out and walked by the crate and asked Jamocha if she was planning to wake up. Then I looked more carefully. I opened the door to the crate loudly hoping to startle her. Nothing, I reached in and her ear and side of her face was cool. No breathing. She was gone. Her howl will haunt me. What happened to her? We will never know. She turned 1 just 2 weeks ago.
As I was digging her grave, I heard her gallop and panting heading towards me.  I was about to call out to her to stop because I didn't want her to get in the mud hole I was working on.  For a second, I had forgotten and then remembered why I was making a mud hole to begin with.  But it was then I realized she wasn't in that cold body anymore.  She was free to run wherever she wanted.  She probably even helped me dig.  She loved to dig.
 RIP Sweet girl.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors