Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spring Break

Well I started out with 7 or 8 things I needed to get done this week on my list.  Somehow I ended up with 47 by the time the week was over.  Almost all scratched, so that's the good news.  
First was flight tickets for summer vacation.  Yay!  We're booked!
Then, as every spring break, we cleaned out our closets.  4 trash bags of clothes and a shoe bag to be donated.  You'd think we didn't have anything left to wear...
but you'd be wrong.
Then I colored my hair as I do 4 or 5 times a year.
And we all went for haircuts.
What a difference for Sahara.
Sahara and I also went to the Mirage to use up our gift cards Jared got for us for Christmas.
Very nice and relaxing.  I thought Sahara fell asleep!
Sahara and Jared bought a puzzle and started it, but on day 5, it still looks pretty much like....
this.
Off to the races.  We went to Hot Springs for the day and spent some time at Oaklawn.
Jared put his bet in and so did I.
After parking, entry, betting, and lunch, I was down $44.  I only won $3 on my $8 bet (same with Jared).
We stayed for 3 races and it started pouring.  So we left in a clear moment to shop.
First we went to the Hot Springs Mall and Jared and Sahara bought some shirts.  Then to the shops in front of the bath houses.  Canyon found a hat, but he got a shirt instead.
Hot Springs is known as a hang-out for Gangsters of the past.  Sahara found this statue.
The water coming from the springs is sooo toasty.  It was a fairly warm hot tub temperature. I could have eased right in!
Then it was off to Red Lobster to use my gift card from Kristy for my b-day :)
Really the only thing left on the list is to mow. Which I had planned to do early on, before the rains. The mower was a no start. All last mowing season I jumped it every time I used it so I got a new battery. That didn't help. Someone was supposed to come look at it and it appears he was here when we sneeked to town to get a new filter for the house. Haven't heard back from him for a diagnosis yet. Neighbor offered to mow but because of the rain it's too wet now. I hope its fixable because $1500 for a new mower is not something I'm willing or can do now. 
Sahara says I need to embrace the beauty of the purple flowering weeds. If they stayed 8 inches tall and flowering all summer that would be fine.  But the grass will be 4 feet tall in another month if it's not cut weekly. 
Back to school / work tomorrow!!

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors