Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sneak-peak...Senior pictures!

I took a half day and got the kids out of school early.  We went home to get ready and headed to Walmart to meet a friend turned photographer, the amazing Melanie!  While waiting on her at Walmart, I remembered we didn't bring any jewelry.  So we bought 2 necklace/earring sets for $12.  Awesome find!

Here are 2/3 of the photos taken.  It's all we get for now until all 276 have been sifted though and edited.

We went to a secret abandoned school from the 60's way out in no-mans-land.  Then to the beach part of the river, and then to a couple fields in Atkins.  We were out for 4 1/2 hours.  It was great.  The weather was perfect and the clouds worked with us.

Melanie says the photos turned out better then she was hoping.  I can't wait to see the rest!!

THEN....

9:30 at night.  Sahara asks me for Jared's class ring she was wearing around her neck that she took off to put the new jewelry on.  I had put it in my front pocket back at the abandoned school, 6 hours earlier.  That was the last I saw it!

I couldn't believe what I was gonna have to do.  I threw my clothes back on and grabbed a flash light.  I told Sahara that I'd see her in the morning and headed out.  I was going to back track but realized I had no idea what roads we took to get to the fields.  I was gonna have to pass the river-beach to head to the abandoned school.  I was NOT looking forward to making that trip or to be out in no-mans-land in the middle of the night, by myself.  I thought I could see the headlines and knew it was a movie in the making.  The rape, left in a well for a week and eventual slaughtering and decapitation of a single mom in rural Arkansas...based on real life events.  

So, my first stop was the beach.  The beach, you have to get to through this little park located between 2 houses in a regular neighborhood.  Past the park, you walk on out until you get to the beach and river.  So, at 10 pm, I got to the park.  I drove carefully in case it had fallen out of my pocket in the parking lot, by chance, and I didn't want to run it over.  Got out, checked with the flash light under the truck and around that area.  Wishful thinking that it would be that easy.  So, here I go to the beach.  Get to the single gate entrance to the park and there, smack dab in the middle of the sidewalk at the gate entrance, is the ring and necklace. It was a complete MIRACLE!!!!!  It had sat there for 5 hours.  
I was glad I didn't have to replace a $550 ring....or have my life become a made for TV movie!!

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors