Saturday, July 14, 2012

Finally! An upgrade!

These were my 'dressers' in high school.  Then, they were painted mauve and smokey blue.  They were painted white with red knobs about 20 years ago.

These are the dressers mom gave me when I moved into the rental house in Phoenix.  They were from Kristy's room, which was then the craft room.  At the time she gave them to me, I'm thinking they were a few, maybe 8 or 10 years old.

As you can see, pieces are missing and broken.  I had ended the fight with the drawer pulls coming off all the time.  The dresser on the right, the 2nd and 3rd drawer actually have to come out together because the bottom of the 2nd drawer is gone so all the clothes in those drawers are as one.

One guess as to  what I have been using as dressers for the last 25 years???

YEP!  But I broke down and bought new ones!!  My bedroom is super small and these are on the large side.  They were from the Highland Hall Collection.  And I was lucky enough to find them at a little over 50% off (which is the reason I got 2)  1 would have only helped me with half my problem.  Why the super sale?  They were suppose to have mirrors but they were lost, broken, missing, sold separately...
 

They are a little darker then I would have liked, but these pictures are actually making them look darker then they are.  So here is a closer view.

I am so happy that I finally have bedroom furniture :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors