Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Algebra...'nuf said :(


Well, class is off to a rocky start. Not only did I somehow test into college algebra when I haven't had any math class since 1988 ( and I think failed!!)...I have to use a graphic calculator and they expect I know how that works! I bought a used one. I found a down loadable manual. 466 pages!!! Even if I read the thing, I wouldn't understand it. I did find an online interactive tutorial...it has helped. And an old friend from high school has offered help too and gave me a website to check out for more help. All the teachers I work with are old school and don't have graphic calculator experience either. So, today, Dawn (the teacher I work with) will have her son come to work and help me out. He's in his Jr. year at Tech. Because the math is all online and interactive as well, I can get all the problems for homework done and done correctly (even if it takes me 30 minutes per problem and I have to do it 17 times!) AND, no matter what the weather is like, if class is not cancelled, I will be there....I hope I can at least make a passing grade. Tests will be another issue all together!!!


1 comment:

kearney said...

You can it Misty, hang in there.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors