Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Party

This was so much fun!!

It was round 3 of Canyon's b-day. I know. It's totally out of control. What happened is that we were going to put off Canyon's b-day per the request of friends who were going to be out of town. But Canyon knew it was his b-day so we had to go ahead and do something before. Now, we had the friends, had to carve our pumpkins Thursday because of high school football Friday and so much going on Saturday. So I decided we will have a pumpkin carving party and a cake and call it good.

I THINK WE JUST FOUND A NEW TRADITION!!!
IT WAS GREAT!!!

Sascha and Malaki even dressed up for the occasion :)

Just a pumpkin sweater (that is actually too small but is all the store had left)

Malaki is a pirate :)

Party table set up

Sahara and I moved the couches out to the carport to make room for lots of carving and people.

So it begins :) Rylan and Melanie think about Rylan's design and Mila and Hannah get busy on theirs.

We had Mila and Zach
Paula, John, Kristy and Hannah
Rusty, Melanie, Zane, Rylan and Addylin
Me, Jared, Sahara and Canyon

Zach and Canyon dig in. I think this is only Canyon's 2nd time actually wanting to get his hands in the goo.

Can't keep Mila away from the babies. She got to hold Addy for awhile. I haven't even held her yet!!!

Jared takes the first stab into his very first pumpkin ever. Yes, he has never carved a pumpkin before. I love that he gets to do new stuff like this with us :)

Canyon looks like he is having a great time!

Rusty helps Zane with his pumpkin. This is also a first. Rusty has never carved a pumpkin before either. He does not like the goo so he chose never to carve before.

It was funny to watch Jared and Rusty. They took the most time, were the most careful, and were the most serious carvers of the group.

Melanie decorates Addy's pumpkin with a marker.

Sahara tries to be very careful and actually her pumpkin this year looks the best ever!

Here is the groups efforts (- Zach's pumpkin which I think was on the back of my truck and I didn't realize it till after pictures were done)


This household's masterpieces :)

I told everyone we eat our babies here. Maybe that's why they kept Addy away from me. hahaha

Jared's Superman

Misty's Monster

Canyon's Crazyhead

Sahara's Goofballhead

It was a lot of fun. I think if the Buddy Walk b-day thing doesn't work out, Canyon's b-day will just be moved to the end of the month for this. Or we will just do this anyway for Halloween.


No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors