Thursday, March 25, 2010

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all...

I have had 3 computer issues this week. First, my new 3 month old printer needed new ink. Yes, the ink for the Kodak printers are a lot cheaper, but apparently it needs to be replaced more often. Anyway, the ink trey would not come to center to get the old ink out. After messing with it for 2 days I called Kodak and after walking me thru a few troubleshooting steps, they decided the sensor was bad and sent me a 'new' new printer. I got it yesterday, but it's not hooked up yet. Don't know if I need to completely uninstall the old one and reinstall the new one or if I can just plug the new one in since its the exact same model as the old one..... Then my internet went out for a few days. I tried to troubleshoot it for hours each day with no luck. Unplugged everything again and again. No luck. Called the cable company and found out I have to unplug and plug in a certain order to get it working again. Who knew. Why isnt the order included in the troubleshooting directions? Then, Sahara and my camreas would no longer connect to the computer (sometimes) then other times they would but open with a service I did not want. Could not get that fixed so I went and bought a card reader. Problem solved!

Now my truck... Brakes were making a crunching noise when I was coming to a stop from 20 miles an hour to the full stop. It had started about 2 weeks ago but seemed to be getting worse. I took it in. Apparently I was beyond metal on metal. Not only did I need new brakes, but a new rotor on the front passenger side. Brakes in the back were fine but other problems were discovered there. I have a rear axle seal out and that with new tires, balance and alignment is going to run me $800!!!!! I just opted for the new brakes and rotor for $200 this time. To me, the tires are ok, but I will have to get the axle seal fixed in the next few months. uggg.

1 comment:

kearney said...

so sorry. they when it rains it pours. Barbara

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors