Friday, November 6, 2009

Look Out BRACES Here We Come

I was thinking back and realised that my kids have not been to the dentist yet this year. They are usually pretty good about setting up 6 month appointments right on time. I called and figured that they would not be able to be seen for at least another month or 2 because of all the days and times all ready filled. I was surprised to be told to pick the time I wanted for the very next day. We went at 4:30 so no one would miss school/work. That turns out to be the BEST time to go from now on! We checked in at 4:25, were called back, cleaned, examined, set up another appointment , and out of there at 5:00 on the dot! The other appointment is for Sahara. No cavities for either kids (YaY!) but it's time for braces. We go back on Nov. 23 for the orthodontist x-rays and consult (at the regular dentist). I know it's a long process with many appointments... Sahara has been looking forward to braces for years, now she is having second thoughts. Fear of pain has set in.

I also got my seasonal flu shot yesterday at work. They don't have enough H1N1 nasal or shots for staff at this point and no word if they will offer it later. They kids will get both shots (or 1 shot 1 nasal mist) today at their school.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors