Thursday, October 15, 2009

the flu???

Last week Sahara wasn't feeling well on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday was sent home from school early with a fever. With Tylenol in her system every 4 hours, her fever was between 100.3 and 101.3. It lasted thru Thursday and Friday she really didn't have fever but developed a cough that she still has. Then I heard on the news that 90% of people with the flu so far are complaining of fever and cough. So, maybe she had it, maybe it was something else. Now, this past Tuesday Canyon woke up with a fever of 101 at 3 in the morning. I figured it was going to be the same thing Sahara had so I took off work for 2 days right away. (Sahara stayed home herself when she had it) After 1 dose of Tylenol, Canyons fever did not come back. He was trying to make himself throw up tho and that went away as soon as I was able to get some toast in him. But he had no energy for the next 2 days taking a 2 1/2 hour nap on Tuesday and a 3 hour nap on Wednesday. And he got a cough. I dont know if it was the same sickness or something different. I signed both the kids and myself up for getting both the flu vaccines at school on Nov. 5-6. We have never had the vaccines before for flu. I hope getting them is a good thing.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors