Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Field of Angels

I found out that there is going to be a softball team for kids with disabilities right here in Pottsville. It's for all area kids with disabilities but all the games will be played right here. The kids range in age from 4 - 18. Plus each kid will be paired with a volunteer so parents can sit back and enjoy the game. Sahara volunteered to be a volunteer and I'm so glad she did because I was going to sign her up anyway. So far they have 17 kids signed up (I was on the phone with the guy setting it all up for 45 minutes the other night), plus I have been promoting the poop out of it. I hope with my help and from working with the kids in my district, I can get another 15 or so to sign up. I also listed it on several sites for local sports events so maybe that will bring in even more. Best of all it's FREE.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors