Saturday, December 20, 2008

Close call

I went into the kitchen at 6 tonight and realized the coffee pot that is supposed to turn itself off after an hour was still on from the morning.
I could not get it to turn off by pushing the button and it was very hot. So I proceed to unplug it from the extension cord. maybe coffee pots should not be plugged into extension cords, but mine was along with the microwave. I have very limited outlets in the kitchen and the 2 have been plugged into that extension cord for many years. Anywho, this is what the extension cord plug in looked like.


I could not get the coffee pot cord out of the extension cord so I unplugged it from the wall and had to break it apart to find this:








The coffee pot cord is melted into the extension cord plug in. I have tried to pull, twist, yank, hammer, and use a screw driver to get it to come out and it still wont. Now even if I did get it out, I wouldn't trust that the coffee pot plug in is in the best shape to reuse. So, the whole pot is in the trash now. I got $50 from the teacher I work with for Christmas. I guess I know what I will be getting with it :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Oh my, I have chills just thinking about what could have happened had you not discovered that when you did.

the collins clan said...

Thanks Joyce. It seems that if it's not one thing it's another lately.

Happy Holiday's!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors