Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New roof

The roofers apparently came and finished the job today. I went out to check it and was wondering what was going on. Then I heard a message on the answering machine that they are ready for payment. I had to call back. It looks very nice from the street, but what did they do to the patio??? They say its MODBID which is way better than shingles on a flatter pitched roof and will last forever. It's a single (layers fused together with heat) layer of a rubber/tar composite and is really thick but does not look all that great. Looks unfinished to me. James is going to look at it when he gets home this weekend to see if we want to add shingles over it and bump up the cost or leave it be. I think, if we can get the shingles, we might just tackle it ourselves.
front of the house

close up


the patio done with MODBID

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors