Wednesday, August 13, 2008

school, here we come!

Canyon had Open House at the middle school last night. Middle school here is 4th, 5th, and 6th grades. His classroom is right up by the office which is nice for the 1 1/2 periods he is there, but the rest of the the time he is allllll the way down in the elementary special ed classroom in a separate building. I guess he will be getting nice exercise just going from one to the other. We met his new regular ed teacher and she seems nice. She was a co-teacher in his regular ed class last year because I think several kids in that class were resource as well as Canyon being in there. This year, he will have Music, Art, Computer lab, Library, and P.E with his regular ed class. His new P.E. teacher is a lady I worked with at my school and she looked nervous and overwhelmed. I went up to her and she smiled like she was so glad to see a familiar face. I introduced her to Canyon and she just looked at him like I was introducing my kids to anyone. Then I added, 'and believe it or not, he is a 4th grader this year so you will get him too.' Her eyes lit up and she gave him a big hug and they talked about jumping jacks and running. They also gave him another period in the regular ed room as well for special events he can do with that class. Then we had to make the rounds. The office staff, Mr. T, the principal, the nurse, the Music teacher all had to have their hellos and hugs. I rest assured he will be well loved and taken care of in the middle school as he was in the ele.


Sahara got her schedule changed to Art and P.E. all year instead of Art 1 semester and P.E. 1 semester and cross country all year. She is happy with that. Her Open House is usually a few days after school starts (which to me is weird because the kids cant check out where they are to go for each class ahead of time and parents cant meet the teachers ((especially for the 7th graders who are coming to a new building))) Other then that I can't say much because a schedule is all we have for her so far.

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Contributors