Sunday, April 30, 2017

Bound to happen

Too much rain! I was actually up videoing the storm last night and noticed how close to the door frame the water was getting. The video was to dark to really see anything though. Within 5 minutes, water was coming in the house.
You can see here the water was above the door frame. This is the door to the shop.
The water line is almost as high as this tie.
Not only did it come in from the front and carport doors, it came right through the wall.
Inside, after wet vaccing the floors for 2 hours, it was 1 in the morning and the power went out. I tried just mopping for awhile after that. I was going to go to bed early tonight because I was up late last night. If I had, I wouldn't have known this had happened until the morning! What a mess that would have been!
We had about an inch of water in most of the living room, kitchen and dining area.
This board was under the blankets the dogs sleep on in the kennel. No one was safe! Drying with fans and running the air conditioner for a few days. Hopefully a lot of the swelling the floor is doing will calm down. Could have been worse I guess.


No comments: